A lot of startups nowadays have their visual identity designed by a number of different designers.
More often than not that leads to inconsistent branding, hence it is hurting your business credibility.
In order to build a strong brand, you need to follow precise directions and that’s when a good brand guidelines manual comes in. Also known as a brand style guide, it’s a useful document that gathers and defines all the elements within a brand, allowing you to easily create new content that follows your brand unique voice.
What’s usually included in these style guides?
- 1. Brand Overview: What’s your Brand vision?
- 2. Mission statement: What’s your company purpose?
- 3. Logo Usage: How should you use your Logo in its different versions.
- 4. Colour Palette
- 5. Typography: What’s the main font of your Brand?
- 6. Content samples: What types of imagery, photography should you use?
What are the main benefits of a Brand guidelines manual?
- 1. It helps your Brand stay consistent;
- 2. Makes the creation of new content easier;
- 3. Creates a standard for your employees to follow;
A brand guidelines manual is not only helpful for visuals, it’s really useful when it comes to outsourcing the work too. Let’s say you’re hiring a Social media manager: having a precise guideline will help him produce on-brand quality content without losing time trying to figure out how your Brand usually communicates.
Saving them time, more often than not, means saving you money.
I hope this has helped you to understand what a brand guidelines manual is and how it could help your business. If you have any question, don’t hesitate to contact me.
Still wondering if you need branding? Take a look at this article!
If you enjoyed this article please take a moment to share it with your friends on Facebook or your preferred social media.